Monday, August 27, 2012
Home for Dinner
ESPN did an interesting article on Urban Meyer, the President of the SportsLeader Coaches Association. The link below has the whole article.
I wanted to highlight one portion of it.
Urban Meyer signed two agreements when he was hired by Ohio State: one with the school that demands performance and another with his family, which demands much more.
Framed above his desk hung the contract he signed with his kids, written on pink notebook paper.
1. My family will always come first.
2. I will take care of myself and maintain good health.
3. I will go on a trip once a year with Nicki -- MINIMUM.
4. I will not go more than nine hours a day at the office.
5. I will sleep with my cellphone on silent.
6. I will continue to communicate daily with my kids.
7. I will trust God's plan and not be overanxious.
8. I will keep the lake house.
9. I will find a way to watch Nicki and Gigi play volleyball.
10. I will eat three meals a day.
Some people may read that, snicker and say, "He'll never fulfill that."
But - have you and I written out a contract like that to fulfill with regard to our personal family?
Do you go home after 9 hours?
Maybe this can be an encouragement so for all of us, myself included, so that we too always keep our priorities in order.
Posted by Lou at 11:34 AM